At the moment I’m developing one of the timeline visualisations of the COG website. This one shows the height and surface covering of a patch of land where different plant species grow.
It was quite a delivery sorting out all the functionality and different types of pages. This is the harvest. Even more work then I thought…
The complete chart for the content and functionality that will be integrated in the COG website version 1. With functionality for comparing and timeline view for the gardens, plants and beehives.
Last week we had a meeting about the Connected OpenGreens website. I drew the first chart of the content and functionality. Balt showed us the backend, which looked promising. (Picture by Annemie Maes.)
Yesterday we continued working on the database of the Connected Open Greens project. This time with the help of Balthazar, a real programmer. It was a very inspiring and productive day. At Balths’ suggestion we’ll make the database structure much more, generic. You have to be a computer scientist to come up with what he […]
After a long and intense day of wrestling with our database CMS interface we came up with a great metaphor for the system. (I must admit, the wine helped.) We now put the gardener at the top of all the information and an interface can follow logically from this view point. See the full gallery […]
Our Conected Open Greens database is expanding. On the picture you can see the harvest for two sessions of discussions. I’ve discovered that MS Visio has a nice tool for visualising database table relations. I was able to make a nice diagram after I discussed the database with my good friend Rudy, a database genius. He […]
Yesterday Annemie, Jap and myself worked on the Connected Open Greens database which is part of the TIK project. Designing a database is hard and concentrated work. At the moment we’re making an inventory of all the fields in the database, their division into tables and the relationships between them. Of course we couldn’t help […]